Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tasren: Raji..my real good friend

 
The picture which Raji gave  me the day we had coffee in my house before he went back to Nigeria
 
“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same” (Unknown).
I am very fortunate that I have a real good friend. His name is Raji. We have been studying and did the research together in the same university for one year. While I was doing my Ph.D. in the second year ,Raji came to do his post- doctoral for 1 year. He was the lecturer in Nigeria. I knew very little about him from my supervisor before he came cos he will bring the crude oil contaminated soil from Nigeria to our research lab.
 
Franklinwilkin building the building we did research
 
In October 2002, Prof. Jeremy (my supervisor) came in the studying room with the guy who I felt surprised at the first sight.. “Hey Stranger,” was the first thing I said to myself. Prof. Jeremy let us  introduced each other and what I remembered very well was he gave me his hand and I felt uncomfortable in that moment to handshake..but I did . The next day I knew from Prof. Jeremy that we have to be the partner in molecular research.

Since I was better in molecular biology and he was better in microbiology, we always help and support each other if we got confused. We have to talk, consult, planning for the lab etc everyday. I observed and learnt Raji’s habit day by day. He always tries to learn from others. He is always helpful to others in their time of need and never feels them to be obliged

I never been abroad alone and leaded life among the people from different cultures. He helped me get through some of the difficult times I’ve ever gone through in my life. He encouraged and helped me from time to time. He has a very warm personality very polite, good mannered. I have never seen him losing his temper. His virtue of patience and compassion for all was indeed amazing. Furthermore, Honesty is his good manner he never lie and never promise the thing that he can not do.

The thing I have learnt and realized from Raji was “each and every person that comes into your life comes into your life for a special reason”.

After he finished his post-doctoral in  November 2002. We stay in touch. The last time I had got mail from him he told me  that he moved his family from Nigeria to UK for good.

Sometime I and Jnin (my husband) ..we got into talking about all of what’s written above. It’s a feeling I’m sincerely grateful for to be able to have good friend in life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment